Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting sent to the wrong store after finding the app I want to purchase

I am trying to make a purchase and the app store keeps telling me I cannot purchase in the US store, change stores. I do so, find the app I want to purchase (again) download it again after having deleted it, open it and try to make an in-app purchase (basically buying the app) and it tells me I need to change stores... An incessant loop of error. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

John

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 10:49 AM

6 replies

Mar 16, 2018 11:14 AM in response to JWSBWS

Hi,

What to do before changing your country or region

1. Spend any store credit remaining on your Apple ID. You must also wait for any pending store credit refunds to process before you can change your country or region. Learn what to do if your remaining store credit is less than the cost of a single item.
  2. Cancel any subscriptions, including Apple Music, and wait until the end of the subscription period to change your country or region. You'll also have to wait for any memberships, pre-orders, iTunes movie rentals, or Season Passes to complete.
  3. Update your payment method. For example, only German credit cards can be used to buy content from the German iTunes Store, iBooks Store, and App Store. Have your credit or debit card for your new country or region on hand.
  4. Back up your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iTunes. You might need to temporarily downgrade your iCloud storage until you switch to the new country or region.

Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Mar 16, 2018 11:18 AM in response to JWSBWS

Have you moved to a different country?

[Note: the two documents below have been changed by Apple in late 2017 and no longer contain the information quoted.]

App Store [for iOS devices] Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2001 when using iTunes --> "To change countries, scroll to the end of the iTunes Store home page and click the flag indicating the current country. To choose a different country, click the appropriate flag."

iOS: Changing the signed-in iTunes Store account - https://support.apple.com/HT204053 - Change your iTunes Store country: "Sign in to the account for the iTunes Store region you'd like to use. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID: > View Apple ID > Country/Region." (wording from old document; new document does not contain this information).

Mar 16, 2018 11:23 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi there. I did not formulate my question properly. I do not want to change the store I have access to, that would mean that I have a credit card and address in that country, I don't.

I am getting errors when trying to make a purchase in the store I am logged into. (The Canadian store) when I click "Purchase" (for example) the message I receive is that I am in the US store and I must make the purchase from the store I have access to (in my case the Canadian store). It is a loop that I cannot break.

I keep getting sent to the wrong store after finding the app I want to purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.