Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Battery Draining

Hello.

My apple watch suddenly started draining battery and dies in the evening where typically I'd go to bed with it still at 50-60%. Along with this issue I noticed I'm not able to hold down to clear all notifications. I unpaired and repaired my watch and that had no effect.

My watch seemed to correct itself for a day and then went straight back to draining and also not being able to hold down clear all notifications. If anyone has experienced this issue or has a suggestion please let me know.

Apple Watch, watchOS 4.2.3

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 3:26 PM

Remove apps you don’t need from the Dock. The Dock is one of the great new features of watchOS . The problem is that apps in the dock continue running in the background --that’s why they launch seven times faster than before. Great for performance, but having apps constantly running drains the battery. Try culling the apps in the Dock, leaving only the ones you actually call upon frequently (you can still launch those apps when needed using the traditional method).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 3:26 PM in response to AlecGates

Remove apps you don’t need from the Dock. The Dock is one of the great new features of watchOS . The problem is that apps in the dock continue running in the background --that’s why they launch seven times faster than before. Great for performance, but having apps constantly running drains the battery. Try culling the apps in the Dock, leaving only the ones you actually call upon frequently (you can still launch those apps when needed using the traditional method).

Apple Watch Battery Draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.