Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple mail alias

I can receive mail from outlook, but apple mail won't verify or accept an alias - says it cannot verify, but receives mail from the alias no problem, so knows it is linked to it.

However, if I want to reply, applemail won't respond and brings up only the primary account.

Surely it is not beyond the capabilities of the app (or apple technicians and program writers) to set up the alias account - so we can actually use it??

How is this done? Am I missing something here? It seems such a basic feature - why wouldn't I be able to set up and reply from an account I already receive emails from?, I'm baffled I can't set up something this simple - or find out anything about it.

Any help greatly received. Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 11:30 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 16, 2018 1:20 PM in response to davey17x

I use the alias feature in iCloud. I had to set up on iCloud.com. I have 3 accounts so I have a rule for each account to go to a separate folder in the same account.

Then in the mail app, I all the mail comes into the one account in the 3 folders for that account. To reply when I double click the mail in the folder the item automatically has the send from address for the alias.

I had to first though, go to settings in the Mail App and ensure the alias address where there by going into the account settings. I didn't have to manually add them, I only had to open the settings for the alias email address to appear on the send list.

If you choose edit from there you are redirected to iCloud.com so looks like all the initial setup is to be done there.

Mar 16, 2018 1:33 PM in response to ZaZo

Thanks for this - exactly what I want to do - but with Outlook - I don't want to set up another completely different alias with another company. I am using Outlook not icloud which would simply confuse things at my end.

And that's EXACTLY my point - if it's that plain and simple with icloud, why are apple stopping it being done with other email services? Its exactly the same format - not rocket science.

apple mail alias

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.