Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: How to add to an email rule

I have a couple of email rules created several OS generations ago that I have lost the ability to add to easily. For example, one rule deletes emails from certain senders, more specifically, if the "from" field contains certain values. Now when I get an email from a sender and I never want to be bothered with mail from that sender again, how can I easily add that sender to my "delete" rule, which I recall that I use to be able to do. Yes, I suppose I could copy the sender's address, open rules, select the rule in question, and then modify it by adding this sender to the list that is there. But I was hoping for something I could do with just a few clicks.

Any suggestions?

iMac, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

There is no way to add it to a rule without accessing the rule and adding it. There is no shortcut.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 16, 2018 11:37 AM in response to peregrineguy In response to peregrineguy

Open Mail's preferences. Click on Rules in the toolbar. Locate the rule you want to change. Either double-click on the selection or select the rule and click on the Edit button to the right. You can now change the rule or add to it.

Mar 16, 2018 11:37 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: peregrineguy

Question: How to add to an email rule