Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Daughter's info downloaded from icloud instead of mine.

My daughter's stuff was restored onto my new phone, as we share an apple ID, and I can't locate my stuff on icloud. It backed up yesterday, is it gone? HELP!

iPhone 7

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 1:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 9:10 PM

To fix the immediate problem, you need to erase your device again, and then when you sign into iCloud to restore from the iCloud backup, be sure that you select YOUR iPhone's backup. You accidentally selected hers when you did the initial restore.

Once you get your phone back in order, the first thing you need to do is to set up a separate Apple ID for yourself for at least the iCloud/Messages/FaceTime sign-in portion of your sign-ins for your Apple ID.

You can both continue to share the same iTunes account ID if you have shared purchases, but it might be best to use Family Sharing to do that instead, let your daughter keep the original Apple/iCloud/iTunes ID, and use your new one to sign into both iCloud and iTunes.

Post back with any questions once you get the phone restored to your own backup.

Best of luck,

GB

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 9:10 PM in response to katherinefromnewtown

To fix the immediate problem, you need to erase your device again, and then when you sign into iCloud to restore from the iCloud backup, be sure that you select YOUR iPhone's backup. You accidentally selected hers when you did the initial restore.

Once you get your phone back in order, the first thing you need to do is to set up a separate Apple ID for yourself for at least the iCloud/Messages/FaceTime sign-in portion of your sign-ins for your Apple ID.

You can both continue to share the same iTunes account ID if you have shared purchases, but it might be best to use Family Sharing to do that instead, let your daughter keep the original Apple/iCloud/iTunes ID, and use your new one to sign into both iCloud and iTunes.

Post back with any questions once you get the phone restored to your own backup.

Best of luck,

GB

Daughter's info downloaded from icloud instead of mine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.