Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pictures partially uploading from sd card

I have been happily uploading photos from my camera to Photos on my iMac for the past year. Recently and suddenly - photos are indeed uploading via an SD card reader that I have used al all along but the full image is not uploading in various photos. The top 1/2 of the image is there but the bottom isn't. When putting the SD card back in the camera - the image does appear fully. I did do a repair photos library but that didn't help. Ideas?

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2018 4:41 AM

Leonie - Thanks! I am going to try that after shooting a couple of shots today and circle back.

In the meantime, I tried two different solutions for the time being and they worked. 1. I went ahead and got an Apple lightening SD card reader and downloaded photos to my iPad -- and they loaded fine. 2. I tried a different SD card in the event the one I was using was failing. Today - I will try to use the suspect SD card and use the card slot Leonie pointed out to me (duh! on me) and see how that goes.

I very much appreciate everyone's responses here. I promise to come back to update so that everyone benefits.

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2018 4:41 AM in response to léonie

Leonie - Thanks! I am going to try that after shooting a couple of shots today and circle back.

In the meantime, I tried two different solutions for the time being and they worked. 1. I went ahead and got an Apple lightening SD card reader and downloaded photos to my iPad -- and they loaded fine. 2. I tried a different SD card in the event the one I was using was failing. Today - I will try to use the suspect SD card and use the card slot Leonie pointed out to me (duh! on me) and see how that goes.

I very much appreciate everyone's responses here. I promise to come back to update so that everyone benefits.

Mar 24, 2018 4:44 AM in response to kathealy60

So coming back to this to update what the solution actually was. It was not the SD card reader although it would have totally appeared that way because at first, I got a different card reader and it could not produce the same result as well as using the card slot reader in the iMac. However, shortly after buying new SD card readers (you can see me rolling my eyes at this point)...the end result was the SD card - FAILED even though it was relatively new. I took a full days worth of photos only to get nothing written to that card (thank goodness I upgraded to a dual card slot camera so all was not lost). Best advice: don't buy SD cards on Amazon from sellers that are not well known. 🙂 Thanks to everyone for their input on this thread.

pictures partially uploading from sd card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.