Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This accessory is not supported by this phone

I keep getting this error message pop up every 20 seconds but nothing plugged up to my iPhone. How do I fix it? Also the phone is starting to freeze with this issue.

OS Version 11.2.6

iphone 7

tried restarting phone User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 2:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 7:31 PM

I would check Bluetooth or Apple TV and make sure no one is connecting in that way or through the voice activated speakers that people now use. Change your Bluetooth device name and go to restrictions and don't allow Bluetooth changes. Try thay

5 replies

Mar 16, 2018 7:30 PM in response to seephtheruler

Thanks for the help!

I am still not 100% sure of the cause but some of the things that you mentioned were factors.

I have a pair of earphones that aren’t apple brand that I have been using for quite a while. Of course because I have a 7 I had to use the little extension piece. I ruled this out because I unplugged them after getting the error message and it continued.

I also connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth. I ruled this out because I was not driving and my phone was not connected to the car in any way.

Lastly, Spotify. I was playing music via the app this morning but stopped once I arrived to work. Upon leaving the building I restarted the app and that’s when I started getting the message. Also, I was signed out of the app when normally I am signed in and the music plays automatically. I’ve utilized Spotify for as long as I’ve had the phone (1 year) and have never had this issue before.

So again, I am not 100% what triggered the error message but what I did to remove it was I rebooted my phone. Upon restart, the error message as gone.

Mar 16, 2018 7:32 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks for the help!

I am still not 100% sure of the cause but some of the things that you mentioned were factors.

I have a pair of earphones that aren’t apple brand that I have been using for quite a while. Of course because I have a 7 I had to use the little extension piece. I ruled this out because I unplugged them after getting the error message and it continued.

I also connect my phone to my car via Bluetooth. I ruled this out because I was not driving and my phone was not connected to the car in any way.

Lastly, Spotify. I was playing music via the app this morning but stopped once I arrived to work. Upon leaving the building I restarted the app and that’s when I started getting the message. Also, I was signed out of the app when normally I am signed in and the music plays automatically. I’ve utilized Spotify for as long as I’ve had the phone (1 year) and have never had this issue before.

So again, I am not 100% what triggered the error message but what I did to remove it was I rebooted my phone. Upon restart, the error message as gone.

This accessory is not supported by this phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.