Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to have the same playlist song sort order on my phone as my mac/pc

I actually have an answer. Sort the playlist the way you want it on your Mac or PC, by hand or using the many options in the "view" tab such as name, etc. Then while you are on the computer, open up the "..." blue circle of options next to playlist name and pick "duplicate". The playlist will be duplicated with the same name but a "1" at the end. Then go look at your phone. That new, duplicated, playlist be on your phone and will have the same order as what you have on the PC/MAC.

The default order for songs in playlists on your phone appears to be "date added" aka "playlist order". Unless you change the playlist song order by hand on your phone or do the above, I'm pretty sure you will always see your songs in the order added to the original playlist and therefore be at the mercy of shuffle if you don't want to move through your songs album by album... which you may want...

I'm a big fan of apple music and suggested they give you sort options right on your phone and someday they may, but until then this is a great little workaround.

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 2:09 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

How to have the same playlist song sort order on my phone as my mac/pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.