Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 8 slowed down significantly after latest update (iOS 11.2.6)

A week after updating my iPhone 8, I'm disappointed to find out that some gesture motions such as swiping and also texting has been extremely lagged and sluggish. A lot of times, characters won't show up for about a half second after I finished composing. Nothing like this has happened before and I'd like to think Apple devices are known to have good processing but this is extremely frustrating, especially when I avoided Androids to not have this problem.

Not sure if it's due to the update, but I'm wondering if Apple or anyone has a solution to the sluggish behavior? Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 2:09 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 17, 2018 10:27 AM in response to yragoam

Hello yragoam,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. It's my understanding that your iPhone 8 has been responding slow after recently updating. I can surely see how this could be frustrating and impact you daily use. I'm happy to help.

If you haven't already, restart your iPhone. Restarting can resolve many unexpected behaviors.
Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, reinstall iOS with iTunes. This step can resolve possible software issues. When reinstalling iOS, iTunes will completely remove your current software and install a fresh version. While iTunes will try to do this without removing data, it's a good idea to make sure you have a recent backup before trying this step.
How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Use the steps in the link below to reinstall iOS with iTunes:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let us know if the behavior continues. Please include any other troubleshooting steps you may have tried.

Have a great day!

My iPhone 8 slowed down significantly after latest update (iOS 11.2.6)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.