Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CAN U READ IN DISC ON I MAC

CAN U READ A DISC ON I MAC ????

iMac, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:53 PM

KINGCAGG wrote:

where do I insert disc in I MAC

The new "thin" iMac's do not have a DVD/CD drive installed in them and you are not able to insert a DVD/CD directly. You can however, use an external USB DVD/CD drive that you can accept the DVD/CD and allow you to use it that way. Apple makes an External Super Drive that you can purchase that will work great, but you don't necessarily have to use the one that they make. I have been able to get mine to use my Dell external drive that I purchased for my Netbook using Windows that didn't have a DVD/CD drive built into it. The Apple drive however, has the same look and scheme as the iMac which if that is what you are into is a nice feature. I was able to find a used one on Craigslist that I now use with this iMac so I can use my DVD's and CD's in my iMac and didn't have to pay the full price, but how you chose to get one is up to you.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2018 8:53 PM in response to KINGCAGG

KINGCAGG wrote:

where do I insert disc in I MAC

The new "thin" iMac's do not have a DVD/CD drive installed in them and you are not able to insert a DVD/CD directly. You can however, use an external USB DVD/CD drive that you can accept the DVD/CD and allow you to use it that way. Apple makes an External Super Drive that you can purchase that will work great, but you don't necessarily have to use the one that they make. I have been able to get mine to use my Dell external drive that I purchased for my Netbook using Windows that didn't have a DVD/CD drive built into it. The Apple drive however, has the same look and scheme as the iMac which if that is what you are into is a nice feature. I was able to find a used one on Craigslist that I now use with this iMac so I can use my DVD's and CD's in my iMac and didn't have to pay the full price, but how you chose to get one is up to you.

CAN U READ IN DISC ON I MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.