Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Remote login with Pace 5268AC

I have AT&T internet with a Pace 5268AC modem. The modem does not have a straight forward bridge mode but it can be fooled into functioning as a bridge. I have 4 Airport Extreme routers behind the 5268AC all set to bridge mode (same LAN) with the 5268AC wifi turned off. I want to control a business computer (iMac) in the house from my laptop when I am out of town. The computer I want to connect to remotely is ethernet wired to a Time Capsule which is in turn connected by ethernet to the 5268AC. I have followed numerous instructions online to get this working but to no avail. I believe I need to have the 5268AC in faux bridge mode and the Time Capsule in DHCP and NAT mode with the ports set properly. From what I can tell the ports should be those for vnc and afp but I could be wrong. Anyway, I set this up with the faux passthrough and Time Capsule in DHCP and NAT but still no go. Any suggestions?

Posted on

Page content loaded

There are no replies.
User profile for user: baddabing

Question: Remote login with Pace 5268AC