Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: When macOS updates to 11, can I run 32 bit apps via a Virtual Machine?

I’m running my 32 bit apps in the current version of macOS. I’d like to keep running them after Apple updates to 64 bit version 11. Could I do this via a Virtual Machine like Parallels or VMbox? I don’t want to give up my Quicken 2007 or Office 2011.

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 16, 2018 7:43 PM in response to Jeffpb3 In response to Jeffpb3

The main issues running a VM would be to have enough RAM to create a guest with enough memory to run the apps you want to use. So your host would need about 8GB minimum. The other issue is virtualzation programs do not support accelerated graphics for macOS guests. It wouldn't matter with the apps you mentioned.

Mar 16, 2018 7:43 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 8:09 AM in response to Jeffpb3 In response to Jeffpb3

Jeffpb3 wrote:

I’m running my 32 bit apps in the current version of macOS. I’d like to keep running them after Apple updates to 64 bit version 11. Could I do this via a Virtual Machine like Parallels or VMbox? I don’t want to give up my Quicken 2007 or Office 2011.

Hello jeffpb3,

Yes.

Microsoft Office is forcing Mac users to purchase a yearly subscription

False.

Mar 17, 2018 8:09 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Jeffpb3

Question: When macOS updates to 11, can I run 32 bit apps via a Virtual Machine?