Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted songs return to iPhone

I know this has been discussed before, but my problem seems to have some unique features. I have an iPhone 6S and the latest version of iTunes. There were dozens of songs on my phone that apparently live in the cloud (I don't use iCloud for my music). Some may have been free songs of the week, but there seems to be an awful lot more than I ever downloaded that way. Some I want to keep; others I don't. I've gone through them song by song and done one of two things:

1. If I don't want to keep a song, I delete it from my iPhone and from iTunes (where it lives in my iTunes Media/Music folder as an mp3 file).

2. For songs I want to keep, but want to remove from my phone, the process is more complicated. Since none of these songs are checked in iTunes, and therefore don't go away when I sync my phone, I've manually moved the files out of iTunes Media/Music into another folder. Then I delete them from my phone and sync. Then I re-import the files into iTunes. Keeping them unchecked leaves them in iTunes and off my iPhone.

HOWEVER, last night, all of the songs, from both these categories, reappeared on my iPhone, even those I had deleted from my phone and from iTunes. Also, in my Edit/Preference/General, there is no checkbox for iCloud Music Library. How can I delete the songs I don't want and keep the ones I want without having to keep them on my phone?

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 6:16 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 16, 2018 6:36 PM in response to edsjr72

A number of users, myself included, were experiencing this issue yesterday, where hidden purchases suddenly became visible again and would not stay deleted if you tried to hide them again. For me and many others affected it was resolved by last night. At a guess they've tried to roll out some change in the iTunes Store which is either having to be rolled back, or patched further. Try again in a few hours. Once I could hide things again I had to hide around 300 past purchases that I don't want shown because I've tweaked the metadata in some way and I want my version, not the store's.

Use Feedback - iTunes - Apple or Contact Apple Support if the issue persists.

tt2

Deleted songs return to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.