Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyframe easing

Hi, I'm a new Motion editor. I was working with keyframe easing styles on a photo, but when I apply the Ease In/Out/Both option, it distorts the picture as it zooms in. There has to be a way to get rid of this, but I just don't know how. Any solutions?

Thanks.

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 6:16 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 20, 2018 5:54 AM in response to roboticroby

Hi. If you are key-framing the 'scale' then it might be because you are only applying the selections to one of the curves. If it is scale, then the 3 curves, X Y and Z will sit on top of each-other in the keyframe graph/editor...then the keyframing will only apply to one axis ..then a distortion will happen. I came across this exact problem when I started working with Motion. I am thinking you might be using scale as you referred to 'zoom'.. so maybe you are scaling the photo up ..

Note in the image ..to the left, you see the 3 scale axis...but they all appear as just 1 visible curve in the editor space. If this is what is happening, you need to be sure to group select the entire curve...(drag with mouse to lasso them) and then right click to choose the interpolation option. If you just right click directly on a node/point...you will just be selecting an option for the top curve...in this image...that's the X axis...

If this isn't your issue, sorry to blab on. 🙂

User uploaded file

Keyframe easing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.