Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having issues with partitions post-Boot Camp Assistant restart and on Windows 10 start up.

I'm having issues when it comes to the Windows 10 Set up page, post-BCA. I used to get...

• Drive 0 Partition 1:EFI
  • Drive 0 Partition 2
  • Drive 0 Partition 3
  • Drive 0 Partition 4: BOOTCAMP
  • But had a bad .iso file for windows 10 so had to erase the partitions via BCA and try again. But now I'm seeing...

• Drive 0 Partition 1:EFI
    • Drive 0 Partition 2
    • Drive 0 Partition 3
    • Drive 1 Partition 1:EFI
    • Drive 1 Partition 2
    • Drive 1 Partition 3
    • Drive 1 Partition 4:BOOTCAMP

I tried to select Drive 1 Partition 4: BOOTCAMP, but an error occurs saying "Windows can't be installed on drive 1 partition 4 (Show Details). Click on details and get...

- "Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS."

Please help. Its been driving me crazy for the past week. Talked to Apple support for hours and even microsoft support.

Not sure what is happening and why I can't get Windows 10 to be installed.

This is on my iMac with Retina 5k running on the latest macOS High Sierra

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 6:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 8:13 PM

Remove the current partition using BC Assistant. Disconnect all external storage, run

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

and retry BC Assistant.

Similar questions

8 replies

Having issues with partitions post-Boot Camp Assistant restart and on Windows 10 start up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.