Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Having issues with partitions post-Boot Camp Assistant restart and on Windows 10 start up.

I'm having issues when it comes to the Windows 10 Set up page, post-BCA. I used to get...

• Drive 0 Partition 1:EFI
  • Drive 0 Partition 2
  • Drive 0 Partition 3
  • Drive 0 Partition 4: BOOTCAMP
  • But had a bad .iso file for windows 10 so had to erase the partitions via BCA and try again. But now I'm seeing...

• Drive 0 Partition 1:EFI
    • Drive 0 Partition 2
    • Drive 0 Partition 3
    • Drive 1 Partition 1:EFI
    • Drive 1 Partition 2
    • Drive 1 Partition 3
    • Drive 1 Partition 4:BOOTCAMP

I tried to select Drive 1 Partition 4: BOOTCAMP, but an error occurs saying "Windows can't be installed on drive 1 partition 4 (Show Details). Click on details and get...

- "Windows cannot be installed to this hard disk space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS."

Please help. Its been driving me crazy for the past week. Talked to Apple support for hours and even microsoft support.

Not sure what is happening and why I can't get Windows 10 to be installed.

This is on my iMac with Retina 5k running on the latest macOS High Sierra

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), null

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
    Answer:
    Answer:

Remove the current partition using BC Assistant. Disconnect all external storage, run

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

and retry BC Assistant.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 16, 2018 7:48 PM in response to justcallmeesunny In response to justcallmeesunny

You have a 1Tb Fusion drive, which has an SSD and HDD part. The partition layout is normal for such a configuration. A reboot can renumber disks, so disk1 and disk0 are interchangeable.

In Bootcamp Installer, you need to scroll using the right-hand scroll bar to find the partition named BOOTCAMP, format it, if necessary, and install Windows.

Mar 16, 2018 7:48 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 16, 2018 8:08 PM in response to Loner T In response to Loner T

I did those things previously and it gave me the error messages stated above. Here I'll show the screen shots too. User uploaded file

After I try to format it then this issue happens.

User uploaded file

Don't mind the variation of GB its pictures from 2 different attempts I've tried BootCamp

Mar 16, 2018 8:08 PM

Reply Helpful
    Question marked as Solved

Mar 16, 2018 8:13 PM in response to justcallmeesunny In response to justcallmeesunny

Remove the current partition using BC Assistant. Disconnect all external storage, run

How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

How to reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

and retry BC Assistant.

Mar 16, 2018 8:13 PM

Reply Helpful
    User profile for user: justcallmeesunny

Question: Having issues with partitions post-Boot Camp Assistant restart and on Windows 10 start up.