Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I lost an iPad Air

Lost iPad that wpuke need WiFi connection to be online. It’s shows as offline in find my phone. This device does need WiFi connection does this mean that if will never be online when it’s locked. Can I add it to my carrier after it’s lost for connection to WiFi

[Re-Titled by Host]

Time Machine-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 6:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 8:31 PM

You do not need a carrier to pick up a Wifi signal and connect to the internet. My iPad 1 has no carrier connection, but has Wifi, and shows up on my Find My iPhone app even when it is asleep. If the device is showing as offline then can mean:

1. The device was physically turned off

2. The device was put into Airplane Mode and Wifi was turned off

3. The device ran out of power

4. The device has been wrapped in foil.....

The list can go on. It simply means that the device is not powered up or capable of picking up a Wifi connection.

Best of luck,

GB

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 8:31 PM in response to bennie06

You do not need a carrier to pick up a Wifi signal and connect to the internet. My iPad 1 has no carrier connection, but has Wifi, and shows up on my Find My iPhone app even when it is asleep. If the device is showing as offline then can mean:

1. The device was physically turned off

2. The device was put into Airplane Mode and Wifi was turned off

3. The device ran out of power

4. The device has been wrapped in foil.....

The list can go on. It simply means that the device is not powered up or capable of picking up a Wifi connection.

Best of luck,

GB

I lost an iPad Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.