Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I hate my new macbook pro. what now?

It's the one that only has two ******* lightning ports on it. I can't watch movies or anything using my dvd player, which is also new and from apple, on it because everytime i plug it into the stupid adapter a message pops up that says: "please plug into the computer" when the computer doesn't even have a usb port. It only has lightning ports. And watching dvds on it is an important part of having a laptop for me. I want my money back.

MacBook Pro, macOS Sierra (10.12.6)

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 6:29 PM

7 replies

Mar 16, 2018 6:45 PM in response to scheids

scheids wrote:

As per my literal reply two seconds ago: "It's past the 14 day return policy."

The new apple sold adapter does not work. This laptop and adapter was bought from Apple's online store.

This forum frequently has a delay in making posts visible. It can be substantially longer than 2 seconds or even minutes.

Mar 16, 2018 11:09 PM in response to scheids

There are no "lightning ports" on a the new MacBook Pro models. Only Thunderbolt 3, which is compatible with USB-C devices. So they technically are USB ports and should be able to work with a USB SuperDrive.

If you are near an Apple Store then they can help you diagnose what the issue is and try to get it to work. That's part of the value proposition with Apple devices, where the advice and fixes are free if there's no repair parts involved.

But if you really need to watch DVDs, at least in the US there are portable DVD players for less than $100.

I hate my new macbook pro. what now?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.