Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can’t apple carplay detect my iphone 6s

I have a 2018 honda

fit and my husband has a 2018 VW Sportwagon my phone connected easily to both cars at first. I haven’t had the honda for a month yet and it connected for one week. Now it detects my phone only if I reset the entire infotainment unit to factory settings. As for the VW wagon my phone connected for the first couple of months and now when I plug it into the usb port (and I have tried many apple cables) the apple carplay logo no longer shows up and it keeps saying welcome. Please plug in device even though the phone is plugged in. I can’t be certain but it does seem like these issues started happening after I updated my phone? Is there a way to resolve this?

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 7:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2018 7:17 AM

I have a 2018 honda accord and also have the same issue. I brought the car back to the dealer last week and they said they have no fix for the problem. The dealer says it is a apple software issue. the only thing that honda can do is a system reset and that only fixes the issue for a short while then the problem will happen again.

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2018 7:17 AM in response to Findthegelfling

I have a 2018 honda accord and also have the same issue. I brought the car back to the dealer last week and they said they have no fix for the problem. The dealer says it is a apple software issue. the only thing that honda can do is a system reset and that only fixes the issue for a short while then the problem will happen again.

May 6, 2018 1:45 PM in response to Inny36

Thanks for the info Inny. I spoke with someone at the dealership, (very nice guy) said he has a letter between Apple and car dealers, and YES CarPlay is having problems.. They are trying to find a fix right now. But he said it was only one honda model having trouble, but my 2018 Honda CR-V EX-L is not one that's sposed to have problems. So, if that's the case, then my iPhone is jacked up!

Hope that helps. 😟

Jun 11, 2018 12:28 PM in response to Findthegelfling

I had the same problem with my Honda CRV 2017. I ended up upgrading my iPhone to an iPhone 8 Plus but it still disconnected frequently. So after many Google search results, i found an article suggesting to turn off iCloud music. Once i did, it stopped disconnecting and i've driven several hundred miles since without any issues.

So if you have iCloud Music feature on, try turning it off to see if that helps. Good luck!

Jun 11, 2018 7:59 PM in response to thisispulp

Thanks 'this is pulp'! 😁 Sorry, but all I saw in my email was thisispulp. I was wondering why my question was so bad, Apple people decided it was pulp! As in ground up paper! LOL

Really, thank you a lot for the feedback. Unfortunately, I don't have iCloud music. Mine will finally get to Carplay, but it still needs software fixed for my CRV. I still believe the CarPlay Required APK Files is the answer. I am able to play music from my iPhone with iTunes I have loaded in it, and answer phone calls. Little stuff, but I still can not get any answers from Apple or the car dealer where the files should be, the module for the car or in my phone. It's such a simple question to answer, unless something is being hidden from consumers.

It was weird though, that a couple of days ago, I got to the screen to show me downloaded apps (which I am not able to do) and they were all for Android.

So....I do thank you. But I don't know who has the answer. I just feel like it's a secret between Apple and the car companies. I get less gullible as I get older.

Thanks

Why can’t apple carplay detect my iphone 6s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.