Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Payment method not accepted?

Hi All,

I have had Macs for 15 years, and used a credt card at all times to purchase from Apple Store etc with Apple ID.

Now I have gone to NONE for the payment method, then entered a new Aus Visa Card , but got "requires card issued in Thailand, so I put in my thai mastercrd, and STILL keep getting "payment method not accepted". I have my billing address correct and seem to tick all the boxes, pls help or this MBP may go out the window!!

Cheers,

Ian H

MacBook Pro, iOS 10.3.3, payment method not accepted??

Posted on

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 2:53 AM in response to ianfromthalang In response to ianfromthalang

You are currently in Thailand and therefore using the Thai store ? Is the MasterCard a debit card or a credit card ? If it’s a debit card that might be why it’s being declined, not all seem to be accepted by iTunes.

There’s more to the conversation

Read all replies

Page content loaded

Question marked as Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 2:53 AM in response to ianfromthalang In response to ianfromthalang

You are currently in Thailand and therefore using the Thai store ? Is the MasterCard a debit card or a credit card ? If it’s a debit card that might be why it’s being declined, not all seem to be accepted by iTunes.

Mar 17, 2018 2:53 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Mar 17, 2018 2:57 AM in response to King_Penguin In response to King_Penguin

It is a debit card with a healthy balance. I have an Australiaan bank issued Visa Card, not accepted and now a Thai debit card unacceptable, so how do I pay??

BTW it is a SCB issued Mastercard so is a major Thai bank.

Ian

Mar 17, 2018 2:57 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 3:24 AM in response to ianfromthalang In response to ianfromthalang

A card issued by an Australian bank, or any other country except Thailand, won't work.

Whether or not it's a 'major Thai bank' isn't particularly relevant, debit cards seem to be being accepted less-and-less by iTunes. Is that registered to exactly the same name and address (including format and spacing) that you have on your account ? Do you have another card, preferably a credit card ?

Mar 17, 2018 3:24 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ianfromthalang

Question: Payment method not accepted?