Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Stuttering Everything on New 5K iMac

I have a brand new iMac 5K (2017) with 16gb of RAM and 1TB SSD. My Windows 98 PC (20 years old) performs smoother. Everything in Safari (and my software) stutters - like the refresh rate is 15hz. I did all of the typical things like SMC reset, loading OS from "not" a backup, hardware test - and nothing changes. I do audio editing (Wavelab 9.5) and the cursor is not usable - it's literally 6-dimensional. It's almost like I can see the refreshing like I am fanning through a deck of cards.

Apple Support said it's not normal and will have Senior Service Support call me. I don't want a brand new computer hacked open at the store and glued back together. Is anyone else having this problem? Doesn't matter if I am in Safari or Chrome - same thing. Doesn't matter what software I am in, same thing. Again, it's like a fast flicker. If it was a flicker test, I would say it flickers great - but - is anyone else having a different experience? Does your screen scroll smoothly or is it jagged? Cursor - smooth or jagged? This happens no matter the display settings of "more space" or less.

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 12:59 AM in response to OPUS Digital Audio In response to OPUS Digital Audio

Please post an EtreCheck report of your system and we can look for any obvious issues. Please click the link, download and run the app and then post the complete report it produces as your reply to this message.

Mar 17, 2018 12:59 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: OPUS Digital Audio

Question: Stuttering Everything on New 5K iMac