Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot dowload macos on macbook pro

I've bought used macbook pro (mid 11) and wanted to reboot system.

I disabled all functions and tried to reboot whole system. Previous owner disabled his appleId. Also he disconnected this macbook from his appleid profile. But I cannot download MacOs from Appstore (there is no such object (Yosemite). Also I downloaded from the official web file system but macbook doesn't see USB. What should I do?

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 11:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2018 11:20 PM

You need whatever OSX came with the notebook originally. I don't know the details of that model but it was probably Mountain Lion. After that your only option is to upgrade to El Capitan. Apple has pulled Yosemite from distribution which means only if you log in with an Apple ID previously used to download Yosemite when it was available can you re-download it.

About macOS Recovery - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718 - "OS X Lion and later include OS X Recovery. This feature includes all of the tools you need to reinstall OS X, repair your disk, and even restore from a Time Machine backup." - Also information about Internet recovery.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2018 11:20 PM in response to iryna50

You need whatever OSX came with the notebook originally. I don't know the details of that model but it was probably Mountain Lion. After that your only option is to upgrade to El Capitan. Apple has pulled Yosemite from distribution which means only if you log in with an Apple ID previously used to download Yosemite when it was available can you re-download it.

About macOS Recovery - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718 - "OS X Lion and later include OS X Recovery. This feature includes all of the tools you need to reinstall OS X, repair your disk, and even restore from a Time Machine backup." - Also information about Internet recovery.

Cannot dowload macos on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.