Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Pairing Apple Watch to friends iPhone

Is it possible to pair my Apple Watch to my friends iPhone when my iPhone isn’t nearby?

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Watches do not automatically pair to iPhones, You need to pair it manually.

But that would mean it would no longer be paired to your iPhone, and you would not get your own calls and messages on it, but your friend's from his iPhone instead.

Also all exercise data would sync to his phone, and you would get his Watch Data and Apps and erase yours from the watch.

Do not pair your watch to anyone else's iPhone. There is no real point to doing that.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 2:58 AM in response to babygrand53 In response to babygrand53

guess so but that mean it would be like setting it up as new as his watch and exercise would be added to his health app and you would receiving his notifications and when you then set it up back to yours it would again be as if it was new

Mar 17, 2018 2:58 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 8:53 AM in response to Rudegar In response to Rudegar

So if my phone wasn't close by but my friends phone was, would my watch automatically pair with his phone or is that something I would have to manually do myself? And so also then, is it being paired off of or through the apple id, and therefore loading all his info onto my watch?

Mar 17, 2018 8:53 AM

Reply Helpful
Question marked as Solved

Mar 17, 2018 8:57 AM in response to babygrand53 In response to babygrand53

Watches do not automatically pair to iPhones, You need to pair it manually.

But that would mean it would no longer be paired to your iPhone, and you would not get your own calls and messages on it, but your friend's from his iPhone instead.

Also all exercise data would sync to his phone, and you would get his Watch Data and Apps and erase yours from the watch.

Do not pair your watch to anyone else's iPhone. There is no real point to doing that.

Mar 17, 2018 8:57 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 10:04 AM in response to babygrand53 In response to babygrand53

babygrand53 wrote:

One more question if I may. Can the apple watch receive messages if its not near the iPhone, but there is wifi available?

Yes it can.

See here for specifics:

How to use your Apple Watch without your iPhone nearby - Apple Support

Mar 17, 2018 10:04 AM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: babygrand53

Question: Pairing Apple Watch to friends iPhone