Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I try to sign into App Store the old Id comes up and I can't sign in

I recently changed my apple id as the old one was work related. I am signed in on my ipad as the new apple id, but when I try to sign into App Store the old Id comes up and I can't sign in to do the pending updates. How do I fix this?

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPad Mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 6:18 AM

Hi there barb260, maybe I can help you. If you have already signed in via apple’s Apple ID webpage, then that’s done. All I can suggest is signing out on the device that’s giving you trouble( should be under settings if an iDevice) and system preferences if not)..sign out from your Apple ID... then restart..and sign in to your Apple ID with your new one. Oh...and seeing as how it’s the App Store..you’d have to deauthorize your computer..at least temporarily..maybe restart..when your computer restarts..sign in to Apple ID with your new ID, and reauthorize your computer with your new Apple ID, and it should go thru ok

Good luck

John B

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2018 6:18 AM in response to barb260

Hi there barb260, maybe I can help you. If you have already signed in via apple’s Apple ID webpage, then that’s done. All I can suggest is signing out on the device that’s giving you trouble( should be under settings if an iDevice) and system preferences if not)..sign out from your Apple ID... then restart..and sign in to your Apple ID with your new one. Oh...and seeing as how it’s the App Store..you’d have to deauthorize your computer..at least temporarily..maybe restart..when your computer restarts..sign in to Apple ID with your new ID, and reauthorize your computer with your new Apple ID, and it should go thru ok

Good luck

John B

Mar 18, 2018 6:22 AM in response to Johnb-one

That's seem to have worked. I do get a message in my ipad settings when I select to autodownload for apps that reads, if you turn on automatic downloads with your Apple ID, you cannot autodownload or download past purchases with a different ID for 90 days. So I have left that off and will diarize for 90 days and then see what happens. I'm just worried that any past purchases made on my old ID will be lost, which is what I have read in some other string of notes.

many thanks for your help, much appreciate the quick response

when I try to sign into App Store the old Id comes up and I can't sign in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.