Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud mail suddenly stops receiving mail goes offline?

I can send messages from my iCloud mail address using the mac mail app on an iMac using high sierra, however a couple of days ago for reasons unknown, it stopped receiving messages, probably a related issue is that iCloud drive stopped syncing across devices? No p/w changes were invoked, at least non I recall?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 5:02 AM

2 replies

Mar 19, 2018 3:27 PM in response to richfarmer

Hey richfarmer!

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're having some trouble with a few iCloud-based services, and I'd be happy to look into that with you. One thing to check right off the bat is the software version you're running. You mentioned that you're running High Sierra but the listed software version is for Mac OS X Lion, so to avoid any confusion, let's just check for any available updates first: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

Once that's done, let's verify that your mail server settings are all accurate. Since you mentioned that you're only having trouble receiving incoming mail, you'll want to specifically focus on the IMAP settings. Check this out and make sure everything is matching in your settings: Mail server settings for iCloud email clients - Apple Support

Lastly, do you have any other devices that share this email address, or could temporarily for the sake of testing? I'd be curious to see if you're able to receive mail to that address on an iPhone or iPad, for example.

Be sure to let me know how that goes, that way we can keep working together if need be.

Cheers!

iCloud mail suddenly stops receiving mail goes offline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.