Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS 10.13.3 Apps don't remember printer setup

I have OSX version 10.13.3 and an HP Color Laserjet CP3525dn. Every time I print from an application I first have to go to Page Setup where it shows Format for "any printer" and landscape. I have to manually select the the printer and portrait every time. This occurs with every application. I've deleted and reinstalled the printer driver several times.

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3)

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 5:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 6:05 AM

In System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel, right-click on your HP printer entry, and select set default printer. Also, at the bottom of this panel, the Default printer: selection may default to Last Printer Used, but it can be set to your explicit HP printer too.

In the File menu : Print… panel, do you have the Printer presets set to Default settings?

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2018 6:05 AM in response to Patrick Hopfinger

In System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel, right-click on your HP printer entry, and select set default printer. Also, at the bottom of this panel, the Default printer: selection may default to Last Printer Used, but it can be set to your explicit HP printer too.

In the File menu : Print… panel, do you have the Printer presets set to Default settings?

OS 10.13.3 Apps don't remember printer setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.