Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Whenever I try to type a location in a calendar item instead select one the keyboard locks

I’m using ios 11.2.6. If it would wait to search until I hit return that might work but this is unusable. This didn’t use to happen in older versions. I don’t know how far back, maybe 9

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 4:04 AM

2 replies

Mar 17, 2018 12:16 PM in response to Eric Root

iPhone 8 but the same was true of my iPhone 6s or any of my ios devices ipads etc. Part of job includes setting up & managing our ios devices. Talking to my coworkers reveals this seems to be a common problem. I wonder if it is exsaserbated by a company infrastructure that supports large numbers of contacts & locations in Exchange.

At some point Apple changed the way this is done & it no longer works. I have seen on line this is not unique to our users but is more pervasive.

Whenever I try to type a location in a calendar item instead select one the keyboard locks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.