Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing apps with new Apple ID password

I recently changed my Apple ID password to secure my account from possible hacking. When I did this, I decided to delete Facebook and Facebook Messenger from my iPhone because I suspected a possible breach. After changing the Apple ID password, my iPhone 6 continually asks for the password which is fine, but when I input the correct password I cannot reinstall Facebook Messenger. I use Fingerprint ID, too and never had I had an issue with installing apps prior to the change of the Apple ID password.

When I use the new password on my MacBook Air, I have no difficulties. When I used the password on my iPhone 6 to update apps like iTunes, I had no difficulty. When I tried to make a purchase of Quickbooks Self-Employed, I again encountered an error with the new password, even after verifying the purchase with my fingerprint.

The next step I tried was to find out how to install an app onto my iPhone 6 by using my MacBook Air while the phone is connected (by USB) to the laptop. I do not know how to install apps to my iPhone from my laptop while logged into Apple (up until now, I have been primarily a PC user).

So, my question is in two parts:

1. What do I need to do after changing an Apple ID password so that I can make purchases or verify app downloads? I.e., my iPhone comes up with "error" when I input the new password correctly and use fingerprint ID verification while trying to reinstall Messenger and making a purchase (of Quickbooks Self-employed by Intuit).

2. How do I download apps onto my iPhone 6 by using my Apple ID online from my MacBook Air? I have sharing enabled and am connected via USB.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:27 AM

1, you need to log out and back into the account : What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

2, if you have iTunes 12.7+ installed on the Mac you can't download apps on it (Changes in the new iTunes - Apple Support), but you can manually add previously downloaded apps that you have copies of on the Mac via dragging-and-dropping from Finder onto the phone device in iTunes : Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes - Apple Support . Or go back to a previous version of iTunes or version 12.6.3 (12.6.3 is aimed at businesses who need to deploy apps but it works for individuals as well ; Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support)

If you haven't got 12.7 installed : Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2018 8:27 AM in response to not2bmesdw

1, you need to log out and back into the account : What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support

2, if you have iTunes 12.7+ installed on the Mac you can't download apps on it (Changes in the new iTunes - Apple Support), but you can manually add previously downloaded apps that you have copies of on the Mac via dragging-and-dropping from Finder onto the phone device in iTunes : Manually manage content on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iTunes - Apple Support . Or go back to a previous version of iTunes or version 12.6.3 (12.6.3 is aimed at businesses who need to deploy apps but it works for individuals as well ; Deploy apps in a business environment with iTunes - Apple Support)

If you haven't got 12.7 installed : Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes on your computer using USB - Apple Support

Installing apps with new Apple ID password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.