Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Popup keeps appearing asking for email pwd.

Visited a state park website & tried to email a map. 2 weeks later started getting a popup with an "@" asking for email pwd. Shows the email address i was trying to send map to. Behind it another popup of the map.

I close it but it keeps reappearing. Malaware Bytes didn't find anything. It's just a nuisance but i'd like to get rid of it.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 6:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 6:42 AM

Force Quit Safari ( command + option + esc keys).Then restart Safari holding the Shift key. If you still have problems Empty Caches (Safari menu > Preferences > Privacy > Remove all website data. (This will also remove history if you do not want to remove History open Safari Preferences > Advanced and check mark “Show Develop Menu” then choose “Empty Caches” from Develop Menu ).

Then go to Safari Preferences > Extensions and check there. If there is an extension delete it.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2018 6:42 AM in response to spitfire27

Force Quit Safari ( command + option + esc keys).Then restart Safari holding the Shift key. If you still have problems Empty Caches (Safari menu > Preferences > Privacy > Remove all website data. (This will also remove history if you do not want to remove History open Safari Preferences > Advanced and check mark “Show Develop Menu” then choose “Empty Caches” from Develop Menu ).

Then go to Safari Preferences > Extensions and check there. If there is an extension delete it.

Popup keeps appearing asking for email pwd.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.