Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is my (purchased) music?

Upgraded to new iPhone. Now, whole CDs I had on the old one are missing, and I can't believe I have to purchase them all over again. (I believe the ones missing are mostly ones I purchased directly on old phone on the iTunes store.) Please advise.

iPhone 8

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 6:42 AM

21 replies

Mar 17, 2018 2:02 PM in response to deggie

Thx for your reply. I've only ever had one Apple ID -- and one laptop and one iPhone in use at any given time. I made these purchases directly on my old iPhone.... upgraded... and now they are missing. When I connect to iTunes, I get a warning (screenshot below) and I'm unable to download or synch these 54 songs, even after trying the instructions to authorize. The songs don't appear anywhere -- either in iTunes on laptop or on the iPhone.

User uploaded file

Mar 17, 2018 10:37 AM in response to sharondisco

Thanks for reply. I found all "purchases" but the CDs I am missing are not there.

Any music you owned that was CD based would be wherever you last accessed them.

Apple does not have that music as it was probably placed on a PC or Mac and synced by you to your device using iTunes.

It is the owner's responsibility to back up any non iTunes music in your library.

Mar 17, 2018 11:03 AM in response to sharondisco

You had to sync them originally from iTunes on your computer. Assuming they are still there, you can just sync them again. If they aren't you will have to rip them again to iTunes, then sync them. I assume you have the original CDs, as if you don't it would be a copyright violation to have the digital images of them on any other device.

Where is my (purchased) music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.