Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not seeing All My Files after iMac migration

I have a 20-inch, Mid 2007 iMac (OS 10.9.5) backed up to a Time Capsule that I am migrating to a 27-inch, 2017 iMac (OS 10.13.3). The transferral of files from the Time Capsule seems to have worked fine except that everything under All My Files on the old iMac does not appear on the new iMac. The new iMac doesn't display a category called All My Files and instead shows iCloud Drive. Do I need to do something else to transfer these files?

I haven't done much of anything since getting the new iMac yesterday, so if starting over from step one would be easiest/best that is OK.

Thank you for any and all advice.

iMac

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 5:54 AM

4 replies

Mar 17, 2018 6:08 AM in response to macjack

Hmmm ... I checked Recents (as well as iCloud Drive, Desktop, and Documents) and what I used to see in All My Files isn't there. However, when I searched for a specific document it came up under Remote Disc. I clicked to open it and it then appeared in Recents (logically). Why would the content appear on Remote Disc such that I only see it when I search for it (as opposed to on the new iMac)?

Not seeing All My Files after iMac migration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.