Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad Pro 10.5, iOS 11, Photos app crashes

I'm using a 256gb iPad Pro 10.5 with iOS 11.2.6 together with the SDCard reader from Apple.

My SDcard contains 242 Jpeg images. I was able to copy them on my Mac without any problems. I worked with the images on the Mac with different apps. No problems. None of the images seems to be corrupted.

When I try to import the files to the iPad the photo app crashes during the import. Every time. Black screen and then the app opens again. There are no other images on the iPad. It's clean (new).

The counting inside the photo app is weird - "last import" = 158, imported ("album") = 240. This took a while until the image count updated. But at least 2 images are missing always. Not always the same - different for each try.

So I hit "import all" again - checking "don't import duplicates" - but the app imports all images again - so I got a lot of those duplicates I don't want.

I reformatted the SDCard and copied the images back from my Mac. Same result. The import crashes on the iPad every time.

I bought the iPad Pro to improve my professional workflow while working as a photographer - this beta software on the iPad is not usable at all. No RAW image import in Lightroom too, so the iPad is useless for serious work.

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2018 5:27 AM

I tested a different SDcard, different images on the cards. I deleted all images on the iPad. I erased the iPad (reset).

The problem still is there - trying to import for example 200 images (jpegs): the photo app crashes during the import after importing around 150-160 photos. Always.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 30, 2018 3:14 AM in response to Detlef Beyer

I have the exactly same issue, but with an older iPad model (mini 3), though I have the same. Importing keeps crashing the photo app, the iPad becomes unstable for minutes afterwards, and some of the synced photographs does not show up just after some time, ending up having duplicates. Frustrating as I have just sold my laptop to buy an iPad Pro to be able to improve my workflow as well, and currently there are no alternative to import my photographs from my SD card to the iPad.

Ipad Pro 10.5, iOS 11, Photos app crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.