Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering photos from old, broken iPhone

I have an old iPhone 4S that was dropped and the screen broke. There are dark blue lines on the screen but you cannot use it at all although you can tell when it is unlocked by guessing where the numbers for the password are. I have many photos on this phone and want to get them off but with the screen not working I cannot chose "Trust this computer" when its plugged in. Is there any way to get the photos off of the phone by accessing it through a computer without the requirement to choose "Trust this computer"? I know in some android phones you can just take out the SD card and get some files off of that but with Apple products i'm clueless as to whether or not you can do this.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 7:23 AM

1 reply

Mar 17, 2018 7:36 AM in response to Tricosie

Sim cards on iPhone don't contain anything other than cellular information. I'm assuming you never used iCloud to back up the old phone? If you did, they would be in the cloud already. If you didn't and they are just stored on the old phone, you'll need to get the screen replaced to get them. Since all you really want is to get the phone functioning well enough, I'd go to the mall kiosk and get the screen replaced for the least cost.

Recovering photos from old, broken iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.