Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video distortion in Photos

I've stored a bunch of pictures and videos in Photos app. As I started to play them and notice some of my videos where the shadows or darker areas would be, are now distorted. Its like a reddish/ purple thing going on in those areas. Any fix or help? I'm currently using a Macbook Pro 15. Macbook is updated to latest update available.

MacBook Pro (15-inch 2.53 GHz), iOS 11.0.2

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 10:12 AM

What system version are you running? What Photos version do you have? Where is the Photos library located?

Export the original version of one of the problem videos to the Desktop and open it with Quicktime Player. Do you get the same problem?

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import a couple of the videos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

User uploaded file

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2018 10:12 AM in response to iMacm@n

What system version are you running? What Photos version do you have? Where is the Photos library located?

Export the original version of one of the problem videos to the Desktop and open it with Quicktime Player. Do you get the same problem?

As a test launch Photos with the Option key held down and create a new, test library. Import a couple of the videos and test to see if the same problem persists. Does it?

User uploaded file

Video distortion in Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.