Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo Stream photos not showing up on MAC

I have Photo Stream (but not iCloud Photo Library) configured for my MAC Sierra 10.12.6 and iPhone 6S Plus 11.2.6. When I go into Photos 2.0 (3161.4.140) on my MBP, look under Albums, My Photo Stream, I notice that not all photos taken on my iPhone (screen shots and/or pictures) are sync'd to my MAC. If I close Photos app on my MAC, then FORCE QUIT Photo-related processes under Activity Monitor....

- Photos

- PhotoUploaderShellApp

- Photos Agent

- photolibraryd

- photoanalysisd

Then the photos get sync'd to my MAC within a few minutes.

Something is happening on the MAC Photo's background processes that get "hung up" in sync-ing photos in Photo Stream. Clearly, iPhone is able to sync to iCloud... it's the last mile to my MBP.

This is not the first time this has happened... and it is a pain to remember to kill these processes and then re-open Photos app to get them to restart.

Any ideas as to how to permanently correct this issue?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, MACOS Sierra 10.12.6

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 10:17 AM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Photo Stream photos not showing up on MAC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.