Related Article

Use FileVault to encrypt the startup disk on your Mac

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Where in icloud can I find my filevault recovery key?

Where in icloud can I find my filevault recovery key?

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.1)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 11:07 AM in response to dchurchill2013 In response to dchurchill2013

How to bypass FileVault when you restart your Mac | MacIssues

OS X- How to create and deploy a recovery key for FileVault 2

The above may help. I haven't yet found an article directly addressing your question. If I find one I'll post it to you here.

Mar 17, 2018 11:07 AM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 3:16 PM in response to Kappy In response to Kappy

It's amazing to me that there is so little information or knowledge about the "icloud option" when turning on FileVault. When I turned on FileVault, I opted for the "icloud" recovery key. I don't know what my recovery key is and no one explains how I would use my icloud account if I needed it. I see a number of people asking the same question and there are no answers.

Mar 17, 2018 3:16 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 3:37 PM in response to Kappy In response to Kappy

The one you posted doesn't address the question and all of the other Google answers do not address the question. Do you have FileVault turned on? Did you choose the "icloud" recovery option? Were you ever shown a "recovery key". Do you know how to use your icloud account for recovery?

Mar 17, 2018 3:37 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 18, 2018 12:16 PM in response to Kappy In response to Kappy

I believe that article is in reference to the recovery key for Apple's older 2 Step Verification. I too wish Apple would use more unique terms for their things, but iMore titled the article inaccurately. Apple has never called "that" recovery key an iCloud recovery key.

Mar 18, 2018 12:16 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: dchurchill2013

Question: Where in icloud can I find my filevault recovery key?