Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking to buy a Mac with ssd to run Logic Pro x with ease

Hi

Had an old Mac running logic 3. Now I want to get Logic Pro x running on a new Mac. Which models could cope with logic plus the old midi gear?

Regards

Steve

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 8:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 8:42 AM

If your Mac is 2008 or later, consider adding an SSD to your present machine. If it's too old, replace it with a machine that is able to run MacOS 10.12 (High Sierra) or higher. That would include most Macs 2010 or later, Google this: "minimum mac computer to run high sierra." I have a used Mac Pro early 2008 which is fully compatible with 10.11 El Capitan. I can run Logic Pro 10.3.3 but not 10.4, but that has all I need and more

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2018 8:42 AM in response to stevefromseaford

If your Mac is 2008 or later, consider adding an SSD to your present machine. If it's too old, replace it with a machine that is able to run MacOS 10.12 (High Sierra) or higher. That would include most Macs 2010 or later, Google this: "minimum mac computer to run high sierra." I have a used Mac Pro early 2008 which is fully compatible with 10.11 El Capitan. I can run Logic Pro 10.3.3 but not 10.4, but that has all I need and more

Looking to buy a Mac with ssd to run Logic Pro x with ease

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.