Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple support

Apple support and their adaptation of security has created a situation where I have to conclude that I would be better of had somebody stolen my iPhones and iPad.

iPad Mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 10.3.2

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 9:21 AM

10 replies

Mar 18, 2018 2:17 PM in response to kyosti17

Have you tried contacting Apple ID Support?

there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If you need to talk to them, ask them if they will do a Skype or FaceTime with you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Apple ID is locked or disabled

Mar 17, 2018 10:11 AM in response to ProustGiulio

I wanted to know if anybody else has had similar experience.

My ID was locked after attempted hacks. I have no idea what the ”trusted phone number” is; with age comes absrntmindidness. I do not have receipts for the devices I received as presents.

With the locked ID my access to Apple services (Appstore, iCloud, iTunes, iMusic and on-line support is cut off). In addition my devices are tied into the Locked ID. I cannot use them with the new ID I created to access this forum.

According to Apple support staff situation is beyond their ability to repair, since I do not have the specific pieces of information thei ask.

I would certainly appreciate any help.

Mar 18, 2018 11:20 AM in response to seventy one

Since I was forced to retire some 20 years ago, work number is impossible. Since we talk about phone, we are not talking about contact phone which has nothing to do with trustedness. Had I been told that not keeping my contact number would give Apple the right to lock me out of the usage I paid for, I probably would not have bought Apple equipment.

Mar 18, 2018 11:34 AM in response to kyosti17

I think you are judging Apple too harshly, here. (I am not employed or paid by them 😀)

By trusted number they realise if there is one phone number you will know, it is your own. And when you think about it, if for some reason you have a problem what better link than your own phone number?

If you change details you really should update them where possible ... though I do understand that memory problems are not helpful.

But please understand, this is not the kind of intrusive request you might get from Google. Apple never use or circulate details that are private.

Apple support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.