Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 6th Generation

Hi everyone.

Recently I bought a new iPOD 6th generation.
I use PC-Windows and I have many MP3 folders.
I created some playlists on iPOD using iTunes.
I put a lot of songs in my playlists, but they do not show up on iPOD. Only the empty playlist appears.
Does anyone know what might be causing this?

iPod touch, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 9:50 AM

3 replies

Mar 17, 2018 12:21 PM in response to gilsontp

gilsontp wrote:

I created some playlists on iPOD using iTunes.

I put a lot of songs in my playlists, but they do not show up on iPOD. Only the empty playlist appears.

It's not clear (to me) exactly what you've done, but:

the recommended method (by most of us here) is that you create the Playlists in your iTunes Library, add the songs to those Playlists, in your iTunes Library and then (and only then) connect your iPod to your computer so that iTunes can then Sync (synchronise) with the iPod.

In other words, make the changes in your iTunes Library before connecting the iPod to iTunes. Once the changes are made, connecting the iPod to its Library and allowing a Sync to take place does just that - it synchronises (synchronizes in the USA).

If you try to make changes on the iPod, but through iTunes, it can cause all sorts of issues. Furthermore, making changes in iTunes with the iPod connected usually results in the Sync finishing before you do, so some or all of your changes do not get actioned on the iPod - because the Sync has already finished.

Of course, this assumes that you are using Sync to manage your iPod. If you are using Manually Manage instead, it's all much more difficult.

iPod 6th Generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.