Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp costume ringtone

Hello

Is it possible to add a costume ringtone in your WhatsApp alerts? I already got a costume one for my e-mail on the phone, but that one does not show in the app.

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 9:40 AM

9 replies

Mar 29, 2018 9:43 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Hello Urquhart

Your are right. I got an E-Mail from the Whatsapp Team.

Hi,

We apologize for the delay! We have received many emails recently, and we do our best to answer them all. Thank you for your patience.

Sorry, this feature is not available in WhatsApp.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best wishes, Sagar WhatsApp Support Team

Mar 19, 2018 5:08 PM in response to Kahleen.

For voice/video calls you can set a default ringtone in Settings > Sounds > Ringtone. You may set a different ringtone for individual contacts in Contacts.app. Again: this is shared for Phone and WhatsApp.

For chat notifications you can set a default notification sound (not a ringtone from external source) in WhatsApp > Settings > Notifications > Sound > [choose from list]. You can set a different sound per contact in WhatsApp > Chat > User contact info (top) > Custom Tone > [choose from list] . WhatsApps’ meaning of ‘custom’ is that you get a (limited) choice.

WhatsApp FAQ - How do I change my ringtone for WhatsApp?

WhatsApp costume ringtone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.