Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alarm volume too high

I have changed the volume in the Sound & Haptics settings but my alarm volume is still extremely loud. The only thing that seems to change is my ringtone volume. My alarm is always the same volume even when I change it.

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 10:37 AM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2018 8:23 AM in response to kle0220

Hi kle0220,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Community. I understand that the volume for your alarms on your iPhone are louder than expected.

Have the alarms always been loud or is this a new development? Does this happen no matter which sound you select for your alarm? Your alarm volume should change when you adjust the ringer volume, as you've already tried.

If you haven't already, I recommend to close out of the Clock app, then restart your iPhone. Once you restart your iPhone, try setting a brand new alarm (not editing one you already have in place) for a minute or two ahead and see if the volume is still too loud.

Force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Let me know how those steps work out for you.

Take care.

Alarm volume too high

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.