Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing email address caused problems with iMac

Several days ago, I changed my email address with Apple. No problem with my iPhone or my iPad. I was even able to order music and a movie with my new sign-on and password. But, ever since I made this change, I keep getting irritating pop ups on my iMac that say This Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with "(my old email address)" Open iCloud preferences to fix this problem. I click the iCloud preferences button and nothing happens. It just sits there, wheel icon spinning, trying to open it. Appreciate any help you can give.

iPhone 5s, OS X Mavericks (10.9.4), iPad Air

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 10:36 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 19, 2018 3:31 PM in response to wgv2

Hi there, wgv2!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with your iCloud on your Mac since changing your Apple ID email and I am happy to help out! I recommend signing out of your iCloud account completely on the Mac and then signing back in with the new email to see if you still have issues with the error message.
Cheers!

Mar 19, 2018 5:51 PM in response to rose_10

Thanks Sarah, but yes I tried that many, many times. I finally got my issue resolved by calling Apple. I spent an hour on the phone on Saturday, then another half hour on Sunday to fix it. There's no way I can recall everything the techs had me do, but I'm glad it's fixed (fingers crossed). Before it was over, I completely lost all my documents and my documents folder. But that too was brought back. I will never change my email or passwords again. Thanks again.

Changing email address caused problems with iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.