Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble removing phantom photos from Iphone 6 plus.

How do I remove phantom photos from my IPhone 6 plus? I can't get the photo storage to clear. I have deleted all photo and videos from the phone. I have cleared the recently deleted photos. I have used the suggestion to back date the phone and then remove any recently deleted photos (back dated several times all they way back to July 1, 2000 and it never showed any photos in the album or recently deleted folder) and that did not work either. How can I delete the phantom photos on the phone to free up the space? It shows using 176.4 mb used out of the 16GB I have, when there is nothing on the phone. I have turned off ICloud Photo Library, My Photo Stream, ICloud Photo Sharing, & Summarize Photos. Thank you for any help with this.

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 11:26 AM

1 reply

Mar 18, 2018 8:50 AM in response to Johnmb7777

Hello John,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you've had some trouble deleting photos to make space on your iPhone, and I have some information that may help.

If you have not already, it's always a good idea to restart your phone as described in the article below.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the storage still appears to be full, it may help to check the storage using iTunes on your computer as described in the article below.

How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support
If you see a large amount of "Other" data, you may need to backup and restore your iPhone using the steps below.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

If the behavior persists or you run into any trouble, please reach out again.
​Best Regards.

Trouble removing phantom photos from Iphone 6 plus.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.