Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID and battery issues after iOS update

again after the latest iOS update on my iPhone 6s, the Touch ID won’t start/work and the battery drains very quick. the first time this happened months ago I took it in and they wanted to the Phone, next iOS update fixed it. I just did the latest iOS update and boom, back to not working. I know it’s not hardware since it happens with the iOS updates and I try eveything I can find to get the Touch ID working again. Any new ideas?

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 11:31 AM

2 replies

Mar 18, 2018 8:42 AM in response to pumba

Greetings, pumba!
Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities! It sounds like you are having an issue with the battery life as well as with the Touch ID not working properly and I am more than happy to help out! First, for the battery issues, I suggest taking a look at this article with the best information about iPhone Battery and Performance. This will give you information about the batteries as well as a link to the best article with steps to adjust your settings and improve your battery life. Once you have made the adjustments, use your iPhone normally for about 24 hours and see if you notice a difference.
For the issues with your Touch ID, it would be best to take a look at this article with steps to follow to Get help with Touch ID on your iPhone or iPad. This will guide you through the best steps to take along with what to do if you continue to have issues.
Have a terrific day!

Mar 18, 2018 11:41 AM in response to MoonJ.

The issues are systemic to the update. This happened a few months ago as well. I installed the update and immediately after Touch ID stopped working and the battery started having issues. I installed the next update and everything started working properly. I have been putting off installing any updates since. Once I installed the 11.2.6 update and the problems returned. I would think if its hardware it wouldn’t be related to the software updates.

Touch ID and battery issues after iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.