Announcement: Upgrade to macOS Mojave

With features like Dark Mode, Stacks, and four new built-in apps, macOS Mojave helps you get more out of every click. 
Find out how to upgrade to macOS Mojave > https://support.apple.com/macos/mojave

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Not included fils on Time Machine

On Time Machine preferences I can see exclude folder ( /Users/Shared/adi ) that I don't understand

Any recommendation what to do will be appreciated

Thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.2)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Some third-party applications (Adobe I am looking at you) will write into the /Users/Shared location. I don't know what created, or uses the /Users/Shared/adi directory, but by default, it is in my Time Machine exclusions list on High Sierra 10.13.3.

I am not removing this low storage use location from Time Machine exclusions. That would be my recommendation for you too.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Question marked as Solved

Mar 17, 2018 1:08 PM in response to rony-z In response to rony-z

Some third-party applications (Adobe I am looking at you) will write into the /Users/Shared location. I don't know what created, or uses the /Users/Shared/adi directory, but by default, it is in my Time Machine exclusions list on High Sierra 10.13.3.

I am not removing this low storage use location from Time Machine exclusions. That would be my recommendation for you too.

Mar 17, 2018 1:08 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: rony-z

Question: Not included fils on Time Machine