Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Can I set up my email so that emails from specific addresses go into a designated folder?

I would like to set up my email on my iPhone so that when I get emails from certain people (i.e., my bank, credit card companies etc.) will go into a folder I’ve created for those emails. Can this be done on the iPhone? If so, how would I do that? If it is possible, would it have to be an iCloud email, or could I do it with an Outlook email address that I have set up in my iPhone email account?

Posted on

Question marked as Apple Recommended
Answer:
Answer:

The mail app on the phone does not support rules. You can set up rules on the server to do that automatically in most cases.

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 12:58 PM in response to inklingofperfection In response to inklingofperfection

Any rules set up and applied on the server will be reflected on all IMAP clients, including the mail app on the phone.

If you're using an outlook.com account, see Microsoft's help documentation for setting up rules for incoming messages.

Mar 17, 2018 12:58 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: inklingofperfection

Question: Can I set up my email so that emails from specific addresses go into a designated folder?