Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: My new pad pro keeps getting Amazon Winner spam which renders my pad inoperable . Clearing Webster data does NOT fix this issue.The pro has a zillion nasty bug s. I hate it

How do I get rid of Amazon Winner spam which blocks everything.

[Re-Titled by Host]

iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 11.2.6, Clearing website data doesn’t fix

Posted on

Page content loaded

Mar 17, 2018 3:59 PM in response to beverlyfromwaltham In response to beverlyfromwaltham

If you continue to get this after clearing History and Website data, then the websites you are visiting are allowing the java script to get to your phone. Stop using the website and complain to the webmaster of that website.

Mar 17, 2018 3:59 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 4:05 PM in response to beverlyfromwaltham In response to beverlyfromwaltham

And the Amazon spoof isn't a bug. It is spam. Nothing to be done about it except to practice safe browsing methods, making sure you don't click on unknown links, and never downloading anything to your device except things from the App Store.

Cheers,

GB

Mar 17, 2018 4:05 PM

Reply Helpful

Mar 17, 2018 5:51 PM in response to beverlyfromwaltham In response to beverlyfromwaltham

Websites use agencies that supply advertising, usually.

Bad acting ads get through because the agency or person putting the ads up do not care- they are getting paid regardless.

If it happens going to a specific website, guess what- they are serving you the ad.

You have 2 options,stop going to the site or use an ad blocker.

Mar 17, 2018 5:51 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: beverlyfromwaltham

Question: My new pad pro keeps getting Amazon Winner spam which renders my pad inoperable . Clearing Webster data does NOT fix this issue.The pro has a zillion nasty bug s. I hate it