Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access AOL mail in Apple Mail

For the past several days, I have not been able to access AOL mail in Apple Mail program. After re-typing my password, I am told that the system cannot verify the email. I have checked with the AOL mail on the aol.com website, and my user name and password both work correctly there, so the problem is not with my password. I notice that there is now two-step verification on AOL mail at aol.com. Could that be the problem?

Mac mini, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), Mail 11.2

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 4:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2018 8:42 AM

You are welcome. I have 3 AOL accounts (Verizon) set up as IMAP in Apple's Mail program. I do not have 2 step verification. If you have 2 step verification turned on, that is likely to be the problem. That takes a password plus another step.

5 replies

Cannot access AOL mail in Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.