Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Future proofing iTunes 4K Movies (UK)

Good evening all,

I am wondering whether any films that I buy now in HD will be upgraded to 4K if it becomes available for that film.

I know that was the case when they announced it for previously bought films but essentially I don’t want to have to buy them over again if I buy a HD film now.

Cheers

Nick

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 7:38 PM

At the Apple Event on Sept 12, that is what Apple promised.

Eddy Cue (0:45:15 in): “Now, to experience 4K with HDR, you also need great content. And we’ve been working with the large Hollywood studios to bring all of their 4K and HDR movie titles to iTunes. So now you’ll have the biggest releases in the best picture quality all on iTunes, all available for the same price as HD. And if you bought one of those movies in HD from iTunes, we’re going to automatically upgrade them to 4K HDR at no additional charge.”

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2018 7:38 PM in response to NickMiSe

At the Apple Event on Sept 12, that is what Apple promised.

Eddy Cue (0:45:15 in): “Now, to experience 4K with HDR, you also need great content. And we’ve been working with the large Hollywood studios to bring all of their 4K and HDR movie titles to iTunes. So now you’ll have the biggest releases in the best picture quality all on iTunes, all available for the same price as HD. And if you bought one of those movies in HD from iTunes, we’re going to automatically upgrade them to 4K HDR at no additional charge.”

Future proofing iTunes 4K Movies (UK)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.