Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: is it possible

in fcpx 10.1.4 - AFTER IMPORTING FROM 7.0.3, to see left and right sides of audio so i can adjust them? Thanks, joe

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on

Question marked as Solved
Answer:
Answer:

Use the expand audio components function.

Posted on

Mar 17, 2018 6:03 PM in response to Tom Wolsky In response to Tom Wolsky

Hi Tom,

I sent fcp 7.0.3 project to 10.1.4 as i have wrong operating system for 7.0.3. In 7 i can see and edit left and right audio, but in 10 it appears i cannot edit left and right as i can only see one audio clip in the timeline. It doesn't matter if i choose dual mono or stereo, it's one clip in timeline.

I have some audio files from the transfer where one side of the audio is higher than the other and thought that when i used the limiter filter in 10 on my audio it would take care of one side of a clips audio being higher or lower than the other side of that clip's audio, but it does not.

Thus, i have some clips where the left is lower than the right hence it's not optimal audio and need for it to be.

I do not want to have to go back to 7 to adjust both side of my audio files and then send them back to 10 as I have already made a lot of edits in my 10 timeline. So I'm hoping there's some way I can adjust the left and right audio separately for each audio clip.

Thanks,

joe

Mar 17, 2018 6:03 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: ofpeb

Question: is it possible