Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage taking forever for activation

from 4 days im trying to activate my imessage and an error occures everytime. I live in uae and my phone doesnt have facetime i tried everything but nothing is happening .

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2018 10:07 PM

If your phone is from the UAE, you will not be able to get FaceTime and you cannot add it later.

You also need to either have carrier support from Apple and/or have the ability to send out an international text (behind the scenes) to the UK. The iMessage activation number is in the UK. Some providers do not charge for this, I know mine doesn't and I'm in Canada.

Check this list:

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the Middle East - Apple Support

There's this note at the bottom:

FaceTime may be unavailable if your device originates from this country or region and becomes unlocked or is used in another country or region.

FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2018 10:07 PM in response to asiyakhan166

If your phone is from the UAE, you will not be able to get FaceTime and you cannot add it later.

You also need to either have carrier support from Apple and/or have the ability to send out an international text (behind the scenes) to the UK. The iMessage activation number is in the UK. Some providers do not charge for this, I know mine doesn't and I'm in Canada.

Check this list:

Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the Middle East - Apple Support

There's this note at the bottom:

FaceTime may be unavailable if your device originates from this country or region and becomes unlocked or is used in another country or region.

FaceTime isn't available in all countries or regions.

iMessage taking forever for activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.